Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Marshmallow World Winter Oil Painting Impressionism Heidi Malott

"Marshmallow World"
6"x6" oil on primed art board

"It's a marshmallow world in winter
when the snow comes to cover the ground
it's the time for play, its a whipped cream day
I wait for it the whole year round"

ha ha, no I haven't been painting in a poorly ventilated room...this song was on while I was painting today and I found it quite fitting for this scene.  The name of the song is "It's a Marshmallow World" by the one and only Dean Martin from "Dino's Christmas"

I really wish this painting could be seen in person.  The photo does not pick up the softness and subtle color very well.


ParisMaddy said...

It's beautiful, Heidi. It reminds me of a romantic Turner painting.

Joyeux Noël.

« ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ »


Heidi Malott said...

Wow, that is so awesome! Thank you Madeline. You have made my day :D By the way, I love your banner.

Joyeux Noel